Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Ume Miso Project 2012

Ume Miso Project - Day 11 -
I guess I'm experiencing a positive change now. For the past couple of years, I didn't feel like cooking almost at all. You probably noticed it because I didn't post any photos of my own cooking.
But lately I'm going back to my old habits. See? In addition to the ume juice project, I started this ume miso project as well.
For more information about ume miso, click here.
This is the photo of the preparation phase. I placed unripe green ume plums, sugar and miso alternately in a container.

And this was how it looked on day 11th (before stirring).

I stirred it thoroughly and left it rest again. :)
It should rest more... until these ume plums give out their juice and totally wrinkle up.
I'll keep you updated.
:)
.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,Obachan? Does this mix of sugar and miso work with other vegetables? I've never seen ume here in my country... Thank you!

MissionBound said...

Having recently moved to Tokushima, I have been inundated with fresh vegetables given to me by local farmers. After seeing yamamomo for the first time yesterday, and wondering what to do with them, I hopped on the internet and found your blog entry about making jam.

I barely got the fruit taken care of when more produce appeared. Thank you for your blog and the recipes to help me be creative with the abundance. I am enjoying your blog very much!

obachan said...

Anonymous commenter
Hi! Thanks for your comment, but sorry, I don't know. A friend of mine is thinking about trying this with regular plums instead of ume plums. But I doubt if the dressing will turn out as fragrant as the one with ume. Sorry I can't be of much help.

MissionBound
Hi! So happy to hear that you are in Tokushima. Yeah, I know how that is... fresh fruits and vegetables one after another! :D

Good luck with your yamamomo jam, if you decided to give it a try. I still remember how tiring to puree and strain the cooked yamamomo, so I haven't made jam with them since then. :P

MissionBound said...

In the end, I did not make any jam, but a "Fruit Crisp", which is my favourite way to eat most fruits, and the flavours worked perfectly with yamamomo. Unfortunately, I bought barley instead of oatmeal, and it didn't cook well. Ah well - now I know for next year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin