Monday, March 05, 2012

The Madgic of Red Carpet


Oimo-Pafe (Sweet Potato Parfait)

I have posted about Japanese Doll Festival several times on this blog. Also, I wrote about the Doll Festival in my mom's hometown once. Yes, it's been a while since my family decorated these hina dolls for me last time. But I love to see them at other people's houses, and love to eat nice sweets associated with this lovely tradition. So I visited my mom's hometown, Kiragawa Town on Mar. 3rd to please both my eyes and stomach.

I like traditional hina dolls because they look so classy and elegant. And to me, it's interesting how the dolls reflect the sense of feminine beauty of the times.


About 106 year old hina dolls



What does not change over time is the parents' love towards their little girls.



The girl in the photo was two y.o. but somehow she held out three fingers every time I asked how old she was. :)

And as I wrote above, I always enjoy at least one sweet when I come to this festival. This year, I tried this Sweet Potato Parfait. The little bowl contained sweet potato cihps, sticks and vanilla ice cream, with matcha powder sprinkled on top.



The hina dolls look stunning on the red carpet.
And so does this parfait, don't you think? :)
.
.

4 comments:

K and S said...

beautiful dolls!

Tooki said...

That's really a wonderful tradition, probably not celebrated by any other nation. As a girl, of course I would love it! Those dolls (plus delicacy) are really beautiful....happy girl's day to you!

obachan said...

K & S
Yeah, I loved mine when I was a child. (Now I don't know where they are...)

Tooki
Hahaha... I'm too old to be called a girl, but I still love this tradition. :)

Anonymous said...

nice... and great to see your blogging more !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin