Friday, February 24, 2012

In Case of Emergency


Kenchin jiru (Pork-and-Vegetable Soup) and Rice Balls

Look what we made in the Safety Wise Training the other day! For more details, see my photo album on Facebook. :)


Katsuo no Tataki (Seared Bonito) with Overwhelming Condiments

It was proven that we were capable of surviving after a natural disaster, provided that there were rice, vegetables and fresh bonito around. LOL
----

I wrote the above sentence when I was a bit drunk, and now I realize that it sounds pretty awkward. (Well, my English is usually awkward anyway, but I mean, this is much more awkward than usual.)
How about this? "It was proven that we had the capability to survive after a natural disaster, provided that there would be rice, vegetables and fresh bonito around."
Oh well... It's not the grammar that's important. The most important thing is that my funny English can make some people feel better. (Right? ;))
.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Creativity and good will to survive and make things better!!!Alleluia!!!...

Anonymous said...

Hello Obachan,

When I read your today's post I thought: I'm going to tell Obachan that, for some reason, she brightens my life. I love your photos and the things you write. And i wish I could cook like you :-)

Take care
cecilia

rubswanted said...

Hi Obachan,

I agree with Cecilia on the previous comment. You also brighten my life. I am glad you are posting more regularly.

candace

obachan said...

Anonymous commenter
Yep. The networking we did in this workshop will definitely help us in the future.

Cecilia
I haven't done much cooking lately. That's one thing I really miss...
But anyway, thanks for telling me that what I do brightens your life. It's great to know that I'm not totally useless. ;)

Candace
Wow, thank you! :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin