Thursday, January 19, 2012

An Overnight Trip

I visited two places in Hyogo prefecture on the 16th and 17th of January, as written here and here. This was the humble dinner I had at the inn I stayed at. Unfortunately, this packed sushi I bought in Sannomiya was no good. But the lady who took care of the place was so nice and made my stay there very comfortable.

The earthquake memorial event was held early in the morning on the 17th. It was freezing cold.
After coming back to the inn, I slipped into futon again and waited until I got warmed up.

Around 8:30 am, I finally got out of futon. Before leaving the inn, I looked for the lady to pay for the stay. She was in the kitchen and offered me breakfast (even though it was not included in the service). How nice!


I liked this inn. She charged me only 2,500 yen for the overnight stay.
I've got to come back again!

.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How far is the inn from the nuclear power plant?

Was the town severely affected by the earthquake?

tofugirl said...

That inn looks really beautiful and "homey"!

Tooki said...

Wouldn't have guessed it's no good because the picture look good. Agree with Tofugirl about that inn, such good service too.

obachan said...

Anonymous commenter
You mean the one in Fukui Prefecture in northeastern Japan? It is more than 600 km away (according to the google map). The town was affected by the earthquake in 1995, but not by the one in Mar. 2011.

tofugirl
It sure was. I loved the lady there. I miss her!

Tooki
Yeah. The price was unbelievable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin