Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!!


Hope everyone enjoyed the New Year's Day. I know there are those who had to work on January 1st (I used to be one of them). I hope that they had a good day at work, and can have lots of fun later when the majority of people have to be back at work. :)







Home-packed (not really homemade) New Year's Feast, 2012



So, how do you like this new template? At the end of last year, I noticed that those lines around the title bar, main posts and the sidebars were not really necessary. Hence, this new template.

Yes, there are a couple of things I want to fix. Can you help me with this: how can I show the links in bold letters as was in the previous template of this blog? But overall, I'm happy with this new look.

I'm going to post more food photos this year.
Dear readers, thank you so much for still visiting this blog, even though I couldn't update it very often last year. Your attention meant so much to me, and it will in the future, too. :)

* For those who are interested: these are typical New Year's dishes in Japan. Click on the links for details. ;)
- Osechi
- Zoni

.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! and a 2012 as beautiful as these images... Thank you!

obachan said...

Hi anonymous commenter,
Thank YOU for being the first person to comment on this blog. I wish you a wonderful new year filled with happiness and beauty.

Rachel said...

Just stumbled upon your blog by chance and I love your photos! Recently just moved to Japan so everything is still very new to me. It is interesting to read about Japan through someone else's eyes.

p.s. the layout is really clean, I really like it.

Anonymous said...

It's probably too much to ask but would you be able to do a follow up posts about the different types of food the Japanese eat on New Year's and why? I find all of the rituals from different parts of the world fascinating. Thanks!

obachan said...

Rachel
Thanks for your comment.I love your nice blog with appetizing food photos. Hope you keep visiting mine.
:)

Anonymous commenter
I appreciate your interest. Forgive me for taking an easy way out, but I just added two links to the post. Those explain our two typical New Year's dishes. Hope you like them!

tina said...

O-hisashiburi desu! Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu. Kotoshi mo yoroshiku o negai shimasu.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! All those food pictures are making me hungry, haha. I like the updated look for the blog -like someone else said, it's very clean. One thing caught my eye, though, and that's the way the posts extend far beyond the side bar, it seemed a bit... (what is the right word?) overwhelming? I don't remember if the old layout was like that as well, though, maybe it's just like that on my computer?

Wishing you a prosperous and fortuitous new year~!

obachan said...

tina
Hi! Ohisashiburi desu neee. Happy New Year!
Kochira koso kotoshimo yoroshiku onegai shimasu.

Anonymous commenter
Happy New Year! Glad to hear that you like this new template. But I can't see the problem on my PC.I tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer, but no difference. Do you see the problem in all the posts?

Anyway, I wish you a wonderful and inspirational new year! :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin