Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I Do Eat Well... Sometimes

Last Friday. At my favorite curry house. :)

This place serves what we call "Soup Curry" in Japanese lately. It is probably closer to the curry dishes in Southeast Asian countries, but for us who are used to the thick "Japanese style curry," this runny version seems to deserve a special name with the word "soup" included.

This "tomato-eggplant curry" is my favorite. Actually, some fatty pieces of meat (pork?) are hiding at the bottom, but these green vegetables topping the soup and grain-rich rice on the side, I am convinced that this is a healthy dish.



And I like this cozy atmosphere.
.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Obachan,

Thank you for posting your lovely pictures and journal entries. I enjoy following your blog very much. As a busy university student, seeing all the wonderful food you make and the beautiful scenery around you puts a smile on my face!

Keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. I was looking for a recipe for tamagozake, which all the old ojisans and obachans here in my town talk about as a cold remedy. I'm glad to see you are still blogging and talking about homemade cooking.

Anonymous said...

I drank the tamagozake and I'm very sleepy now... i think i forgot to boil the alcohol away

Anonymous said...

How are you this days? Missing in action? Hope everything is alright.



Love malaysiaelayne

obachan said...

Hi! sorry I didn't respond to your comments earlier. I've been extremely busy. It's no exaggeration-- me and my colleagues pulled all nighter in the office on the night of Nov. 29th. I'll tell you more about it in my next post. Anyway, I'm still alive and ... needing support.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin