Monday, June 28, 2010

Eating Out

Oyako-don

Phew! Last weekend was another hectic one. As some of you know, I went to Osaka on Friday to attend an evening English class there and came back on a night bus. With a terribly sleepy head, I got some things done on Saturday afternoon like getting a haircut and doing grocery shopping. Then on Sunday, I joined a meeting with some tourism-related people from another city to plan a one-day trip to my hometown, mainly to the geopark there. It was so much fun. My colleagues and I took them to several places in town and showed them around. This is what I had for lunch with them. The dish is called oyako-don(buri) and I enjoyed it so much, partly because I didn't have it for months but mostly because they were such fun people to be with.

Ooops! Lunch break is over. I'll write some more later tonight ... or tomorrow, because I'm going to have a day off tomorrow.

--------
(Jun 29, 2010)

Yep, today was my day off. It was a nice, relaxing day after a busy weekend. It doesn't mean that I stayed at home all day, doing nothing, though. Mom and I did manage to do two rounds of laundry and set up a trellis for bitter melons before it started raining. I dropped by at the information center, then at a bus station to run errands. Also I had time in the afternoon to shoot some food photos.


.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obachan: So happy that things are turning around for you. Your new job sounds exciting! I think I need make oyakodon soon, it's been a long time since I've had it too.

Take care - Winnie

RONW said...

my kind of a day, too.

Anonymous said...

Erg, I don't like bitter melon very much... how do you cook it?

Adina said...

I'm glad that things are working out so well for you at the new job and that you are happy.
May you go from strength to strength!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin