Sunday, April 04, 2010

Mango Jelly

Mango Jelly

Dear readers,
Don't worry. I'm still alive. Still blogging. It's just that I was feeling down a bit for the past couple of weeks -- around my birthday. Having no job at the moment, and having to deal with mom's hunger strike, getting one year older was absolutely no fun at all. So I didn't feel like cooking/baking, thus had nothing to post about on this blog. Shame, shame. At least I kept a healthy everyday routine, though. I didn't skip any meal and walked a lot on the beach both in the morning and evening.

Today mom is out of town for a tea ceremony meeting or something, but still I'm not in the mood for any elaborate cooking. I did make easy stir-fry for lunch, and I have to admit that that made me feel good more than I had expected. Gee, I miss my own kitchen! That's part of what's making me feel down, I guess...

So, to make myself feel even better, I made this dessert-- an EASY dessert. It's mango jelly made with store-bought mango juice. All I did was dissolving gelatin and whipping the cream.

Well, no time for whining any more. Just five more days and I'll be in Langkawi, Malaysia!!
Yay!

I think I really need to go somewhere else and be myself for a while. ;)
.
.

17 comments:

K and S said...

happy belated birthday! your jelly looks delicious! I tried the sauce for buri and it came out delicious :) thank you!! have fun in malaysia!

grub said...

hey obachan,

your mango jelly looks delish! as K and S said, have a great time in malaysia and remember to bring a hat and sunscreen.

i'm in malaysia right now and i have become tanner :(

Fiona said...

That looks *amazing*. ^.^

cocopuff1212 said...

Hi Obachan,
Happy Belated Birthday!
Have a great trip - you deserve it 100 times. Eat lots of good food!

Rinshinomori said...

Happy birthday and have a great time in Malaysia Obachan.

I love to meet you when I'm back in Japan and we can eat and talk about food and plants. I hope your mood improves again soon.

Please take care neh!

ghanima said...

Happy belated birthday, obachan! I hope your trip leaves you feeling refreshed and invigorated.

When I moved back in to my parents' house, I also found that sometimes I needed to "get away". It's funny, I described it the same way as you -- I needed time to "be myself". Isn't it strange how being with your family makes you feel like you're not quite being the person you became since moving out? I found that just spending a night out with friends often helped, so I'm sure your trip will be good for you. Have a great time!

babe_kl said...

obachan, take it easy and welcome to Malaysia! oh yeah happy belated birthday to you too!

Aleanor said...

Have fun in Langkawi! I haven't been there since I was a child.

Every time I look at the dishes you have prepared I feel so ashamed of myself :P

I totally need to learn how to cook (properly)... But I suppose my biggest problem is that I do not have patience (and time?)!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I do hope your trip to Malayasia will help you feel better. Sorry you're feeling so down right now.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Cheer up! Sunny Langkawi is waiting for you.

If you're dropping by Singapore, please give me a shout!

Anonymous said...

SELAMAT DATANG ke Malaysia!
Welcome to Malaysia!

I think you better stay longer to really enjoy more of Malaysia la( most malaysian love to end their speech with la and my kindies japanese children already la la with their sentences. Must have learnt that from their Malaysian friends. Ha ha.
Your mama gave you headache so stay longer here.Guarantee headache-free.
Anyway Enjoy yourself and feel free to contact me if having any problem .

Chin said...

Happy belated birthday!
Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable time in Langkawi :-)

obachan said...

Thank you, everyone!
Thank you so much for your birthday wishes and information about Malaysia! :D
I'm leaving this afternoon, and I'm going to have a GREAT time there.

See you again when I come back (or I might post something on this blog if I can have access to the internet while in Langkawi).
;)

Tindy said...

Hey Obachan :) Ohisashiburi.

Hope you're having fun in Malayasia~

Also that mango jelly looks absolutely delicious. Mmm.

Mark said...

That mango jelly looks delicious! Always wanted to visit Japan, and sample the delights of miso, mirin, kuroso and other culinary traditional delicacies. Someday perhaps!
Keep on blogging, this is an enjoyable blog to read!

Mark said...

Oops spelt it incorrectly. It's kurosu, Japanese rice vinegar.

Mirage said...

Obachan, genki? haven't been visiting your blog for the longest time but when I do come by it's always an enjoyable one...your photos are amazing as always...haays....I wanna do that kind of photography.

Anyway, i do hope you're genki, see you again...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin