Thursday, December 31, 2009

At Least, I Did the Best I Could

Now I'm alone in my room, enjoying solitude after a whole day of cooking and saying goodbye to 2009. In front of me is a glass of beer to reward myself for all the efforts I made this year. This drink should taste better than anything.
New Year's food, already packed and waiting for tomorrow

To be honest, I have never felt this exhausted at the end of a year... exhausted not from being busy, but from wondering, worrying or being paranoid throughout the year. Yeah, and from "waiting" without knowing what I was waiting for. Uncertainty wears you out, doesn't it?

But for tonight, I'm just going to give myself a gentle hug and let the old year go.

Thank you, dear readers, for being with me as I went through a big transition.
I don't know how I could have survived this year without you.

The light to guide the God of New Year to this house


See you all in 2010! :)
.
.

12 comments:

grub said...

wow lots of osechi ryouri waiting to be eaten! hope you and your family have a happy new year! そして、明けましておめでとうございます!

Fiona said...

*enfolds you in a big hug*

I know the feeling.

Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu, Oba-chan.

tiptup said...

Best wishes for the New Year! May we all find what we are looking for!

cocopuff1212 said...

Sending you thoughts and prayers for a new year filled with peace and clarity.

新しい年が拓いてくれる道が、輝くものへと導いてくれますように。

debbie said...

It all looks so delicious! All the best to you and those around you in this new year : )

Anonymous said...

Obachan, thank you so much for all your hard work in keeping up this blog. I hope the next year brings you interesting things to do, fun and peace of mind. Akemashite omedetoo!

K and S said...

well deserved beer! hope 2010 will be a better year for you and your family :)

YSC said...

Happy new year, Obachan! Wishing you all the best for 2010 -- may it be one of the most wonderful years you've ever had!

emma said...

Happy New Tear, Obachan.

emma said...

Oh, my. That should have been "New Year"!

obachan said...

grub;
明けましておめでとうございます。
Thanks for your kind wish. May your new year be happy and prosperous!

Fiona;
It is healing to hear from someone who knows the feeling. Thank you and akemashite omedeto gozaimasu.

tiptup;
Yeah. Aren't we all looking for something?
Best wishes to you, too. :)

cocopuff1212;
心から、ありがとうございます。
新しい年が、素晴らしい年となりますように。

debbie;
I wish you and yours a great year, too.
:)

Anonymous commenter;
This blog is so important to me and I'm addicted to it.
Hope you keep visiting this blog in 2010, too.
Akemashite omedeto.

K & S;
Yeah, that beer tasted so good!
I hope the new year brings you and your family a lot of happiness.
BTW, we were able to enjoy the full moon on the 31st here in Kochi.

YSC;
All the best to you, too.
I'm sure that those who visit this blog and support me will be rewarded with a wonderful new year, because they are so nice.

emma;

Actually, happy tear can be the best thing I could have in 2010.
Thank you, emma.
Have a joyful year.

K and S said...

we were able to enjoy the moon too :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin