Sunday, August 23, 2009

So I Gave It Another Try...

Fig Compote

This was alright. Perhaps ice cream or soft cheese would be nice to eat with it. But I don't think I want to make tarts with my fig compote.


I might seriously consider buying a fruit dehydrator. It would take care of not only figs but cherry tomatoes, too, which would make my life a lot easier next summer.
(But before that, I need to find a job to save some extra money.)

---------
(Added August 24, 2009)

Here's one more fig dessert. Baked figs with sliced cheese on top.
I know. More cheese. Definitely more cheese is necessary. This dessert doesn't taste good unless enough amount of cheese is used. But this was the last slice left in the fridge and I didn't want to drive all the way to the supermarket just for this...
.
.

4 comments:

totoro kaiwa said...

Beautiful!
ダイアナ

K and S said...

looks delicious, you could probably have that on some plain yogurt! I wonder if you would be able to find a used dehydrator online or at a recycle shop??

ghanima said...

I've also been considering getting a food dehydrator. It seems likely that I'll take that plunge next year, a fact which makes me almost glad that Ontario's fruit harvest was lacklustre this year.

obachan said...

ダイアナ;
Thanks!

K & S;
Perhaps online awktion would be a better bet. I'll keep looking.

Ghanima;
Our fruit and vegetable harvest was no good this summer. Even rice, too.
Well, better luck next year, right?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin