Monday, August 17, 2009

The Hectic Week Is Over...

My younger sister, her husband and kids left last Saturday. My parents and I were so happy to see them, and so relieved when they were gone. LOL Well, family reunion. You know what it's like, especially when kids are small. ;)

It was a stormy day when they arrived. But the weather got better soon and we were able to do most of the things we had planned to do: baking, fishing (two days in a row), BBQ in the backyard, BBQ on the beach and fireworks...

These are the only photos I was able to take during the hectic week. My aunt bought us the crabs in the top photo. We pre-boiled them at home and barbecued them on the beach. Also, as you can see in the second photo, we cooked rice and ate with retort-pouch curry. Ah, nothing beats the joy of eating on the beach on a summer evening. Cool wind, calming sound of the waves, a couple of fish jumping out of the water... When everyone is full, kids start counting stars above the dusking horizon...

We missed the peak of the Perseid meteor shower, but on the next night, my sister, niece and I spent hours outside, looking up at the star-filled sky.

So, that was our family reunion in summer, 2009. Right now my parents and I are suffering from mild burnout. It would take a few days to recover from this. The good thing is that they are calling for sunny weather for the rest of this week. We can wash and dry the sheets and covers used by the guests.
:)

6 comments:

K and S said...

sounds like a MAJOR week...o-tsukaresama!

Sayo said...

Hi...
I've been enjoying your stories and photos - such beautiful photos!

Please take good care of yourself. You need to be healthy and happy first, to take care of the others.

I look forward to your posts!

Anonymous said...

oh.. your crabs look soo yummy!
= D
m

Anonymous said...

Hey Obachan! Sounds like a fun time you had. I'm sure it was nice bonding with your younger sister and niece. I really like your "new" blog still very interesting!!
Kyle

totoro kaiwa said...

Obachan,
So glad to hear you had good weather and a busy but good reunion. The children will have such memories and we got to see great photos. Your descriptions make me long for the oceanside. Thanks for the update.
ダイアナ

obachan said...

K & S;
Arigato. Family reunion really makes me feel old, and it gets worse year by year.

Sayo;
Thank you so much. It's too bad that there were so many photogenic moments during the busy week, but I didn't have camera with me most of the time.

M;
Yep, they were quite tasty.

Kyle;
I'm happy to hear that you like my new blog.

Bonding with family and extended family members is nice indeed (if they are staying for limited time only). :P

ダイアナ;
Honestly, if we were not living near the ocean, we wouldn't know how to entertain kids for several days.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin